December 25, 2009

Scramble Time

Alright I have to admit something. I've been missing eggs. It's been 3 months since I gave them up and so I've been wanting to make something that will substitute them. I posted a blog earlier about my friend, Kaely, making an incredible tofu scramble. I decided to give it a try and make my own with a little twist. I made it the same way she did but changed up the ingredients just a bit.

My ingredients included:
  • tofu
  • cumin
  • black beans
  • tomatoes
  • corn
  • rosemary
  • garlic
  • onions


I was shocked that I could create something so easy and SO delicious. It was amazing. I did give myself a huge normal sized portion. Okay! I was starving. I threw in a toasted bagel also. Made the dinner that much better :D I haven't experiented much with tofu and the times that I have, I haven't liked it all that much. My mind has changed! This tofu scramble is also very inexpensive so I'm sure this will be cooking up in my kitchen very frequently.



No comments: